THE 2016 NATIONAL AWARENESS TREE EVENT
ACCO would like to thank everyone that attended the event to showcase the 2016 National Childhood Cancer Awareness Tree. This opportunity will once again provide families the option to have a beautiful gold ribbon placed on the tree in honor or memory of a child who has battled cancer. Click Here to learn more about the National Awareness Tree.
Thanks to The City of Newport Beach and its Chamber of Commerce, we are excited to share that this year the tree will stand tall at the new Marina Park in Newport Beach, CA, for anyone who is able to visit! The 2016 National Childhood Cancer Awareness Tree will be an integral part of the 108th Newport Beach, California Holiday Boat Parade taking place from Wednesday, December 14th to Sunday, December 18th. The National Awareness Tree will once again “Light Up the Holidays with Hope” and will adorn thousands of gold ribbons, each ribbon bearing the name, age and state of a child who has been diagnosed with cancer.
The event is free and is open to the public. ACCO and The City of Newport Beach would be delighted to see all of you there. Please see below for more details.
THE 2016 GO GOLD NATIONAL AWARENESS TREE
The over 20 foot tall tree will be lit during a special commemorative ceremony on the evening of Wednesday December 14th. Following the lighting, there will be a fireworks display at the Newport Pier. Family activities will be conveniently located near the tree at Marina Park with vendors selling a variety of food and refreshments. The evening will conclude with the Newport Beach Holiday Boat Parade arriving at Marina Park about 8:30 pm. We hope you and your family will be able to make it to our first “Newport Beach Awareness Tree” event, but if you are unable to attend this year, we are excited to share that this event will continue for many years to come!
As the number of gold ribbons grow each year, we feel honored to provide a tribute to all of these brave warriors during the holiday season. Thank you for continuing this tradition with us and helping us to advance our commitment of awareness through our beautiful tree and event.
2016 NATIONAL AWARENESS TREE EVENT AND TRAVEL INFORMATION
- 4:30PM PST – Festivities Start
- 6:10PM PST – National Awareness Tree Lighting
- 6:15PM PST – Fireworks Show and Festivities Continue
- 8:40PM PST – Boat Parade Comes Past Marina Park
For those coming in from out of town, the closest airport is John Wayne Airport, Orange County (SNA): Click Here to learn more.
More information about Newport Beach and Marina Park:
Book a room with the Hyatt (subject to availability).
Hyatt Regency Newport Beach Information and Amenities
Address: Hyatt Regency Newport Beach
1107 Jamboree Road
Newport Beach, California, USA, 92660
Click any link below for more information:
A Luxurious Resort-Like Newport Beach Hotel:
Immerse yourself in the true resort experience, including rooms and suites with stunning views, three swimming pools, and a unique restaurant concept at our Newport Beach resort style hotel. Enjoy easy access to Newport Dunes for paddle boarding, kayaking, and boat rentals, and minutes from Newport Beach’s 10 miles of scenic coastline and world-class shopping. Discover the festive atmosphere and top notch service provided by our landmark hotel during the popular Newport Beach Jazz Festival and Summer Concert Series. At Hyatt Regency Newport Beach, we are prepared to make your stay relaxing, enjoyable, and memorable.
- Resort style accommodations: 407 guestrooms, suites and villas with beautiful Newport Beach bay views and premium amenities, like Hyatt Grand Beds®, 37” HDTVs, and iHome stereo with iPod® docking.
- Refreshing outdoor activities: 3 outdoor heated swimming pools and whirlpools in a lush tropical setting creating a unique environment for each guest.
- Fresh-from-the-docks dining: Savor fresh regional seafood at SHOR American Seafood Grill, with its casually elegant atmosphere with indoor and alfresco dining for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Family-fun recreation: Bicycle rentals, tennis courts, shuffleboard, ping-pong, sand volleyball, giant outdoor chess board, and lawn games
- Tee it up daily: 9-hole Back Bay Golf Course located on the property and several championship golf courses situated within 20 minutes of our hotel.
- Stay in shape: Work out on your schedule in our 24-hour StayFit™ Gym and get some fresh air on the nearby Upper Newport Bay jogging paths and bicycling trails.
- Easy area transportation: Hop on our complimentary shuttle service to and from John Wayne Airport, Fashion Island and Balboa Island.
HONORING A CHILD OR TEEN WITH A GOLD RIBBON
Help ACCO honor children and teens that are fighting or have fought childhood cancer this holiday season with a Gold Ribbon placed on the 2016 Go Gold® National Awareness Tree.
Gold Ribbon ordering has been closed this year as of November 27th, 2016. Ribbons will be available again next year, so please check back in October 2017.