The American Childhood Cancer Organization (ACCO) understands the impact childhood cancer has on the entire family, and we are dedicated to supporting hospitals by providing free resources, kits, and comfort items for children and families impacted by childhood cancer.
Through the Hospital Network Program, ACCO will provide treatment centers, pediatric oncology departments, and child life sites with free access to:
- EDUCATIONAL BOOKS and JOURNAL THE JOURNEY: ACCO provides books for parents to learn how to navigate through this journey. Topics include: understanding cancer treatment for preschool to teen-aged readers, understanding clinical trials, chemotherapy treatment, educating the child with cancer, and enhancing their quality of life. In addition, there are journals to for the entire family to document their experiences and books for siblings.
- COMFORT KITS: ACCO offers comfort packages for child in treatment. This includes sensory blanket, Cozy the Cat stuffed animal, duffle bag, and Medical Play Kits.
- HERO BEADS PROGRAM ® : ACCO combines art and medicine to help children and teens cope and commemorate their cancer journey. For bead information and to order: HERO BEADS PROGRAM ®
- TAKE A POP AND SHARE A SMILE: ACCO is partnered with Jel Sert to provide treatment centers with Freezer Pops. When you opt into the program, Jel Sert will ship a Freezer and ongoing supply of Freezer Pops for a year.
- CHILDHOOD CANCER HEROES – ONLINE SUPPORT NETWORK: Childhood Cancer Heroes, a global online community by ACCO and Inspire, provides a private and safe environment for discussions on sensitive topics related to childhood cancer. The content is monitored and families control personal information. Survivors, caregivers, educators, and healthcare professionals can collaborate, share stories, and discuss questions and concerns related to cancer.