Did you know that you can donate your vehicle and make a donation to ACCO at the same time? Make a difference and donate your car to CARS, the Charitable Adult Rides and Services organization.
What are the benefits of donating my vehicle to ACCO?
- You may reduce your taxable income when taxes are itemized.
- You can avoid the costs associated with selling your car such as advertising..
- There is no loss of privacy or possible security risk.
- You will no longer need to pay for insurance or car repairs to keep your car in running condition while you wait for a buyer, and in some circumstances vehicle registration isn’t required.
What types of vehicles do you accept?
- We accept most cars, trucks, trailers, boats, RV’s, motorcycles, off road vehicles, heavy equipment and other motorized vehicles.
Does my car have to be running to donate it?
- We can take your vehicle running or not. However, it must be in one piece, have an engine, and be towable. Contact a CARS representative at 855-500-RIDE (7433) to find out if your vehicle qualifies for pick-up.
How quickly can I get my vehicle picked up?
- You will be contacted within 24 hours to start the donation process. Once the donation record has been created and completed, we will reach out to you within 2 to 3 business days to schedule your pick-up. If you need your vehicle picked up sooner, please call us toll-free at 855-500-RIDE (7433) as we may be able to make those arrangements.
Do I need the title to donate my vehicle?
- Yes, you will need the title to the vehicle. If you do not have it, it is possible that other arrangements can be made. You can call us toll-free at 855-500-RIDE (7433) seven days a week for more information.
What do you do with donated vehicles?
- Donated vehicles are taken to one of the sale locations we have throughout the country. From there, we evaluate each vehicle and make major and/or minor mechanical repairs when it is cost effective. In most circumstances, we use auction houses to sell the donated vehicles. For unique or specialty items that have been donated, we may use other means to sell the vehicle to help ensure the maximum amount of money is received for each donation.
Have other questions regarding car donation? Click here.