How do you Go Gold®? It’s easy – any way you want! Putting on a Go Gold event to raise money for kids with cancer is different and unique for everyone but with one common theme: GOLD.
Why We Go Gold
In 1997, a group of parents of children impacted by cancer chose gold to represent childhood cancer. Thus, the gold ribbon! Ever since then, supporters around the world Go Gold to represent childhood cancer warriors and heroes.
How You Can Go Gold
Organizing a fun-filled “Go Gold For Kids With Cancer®” event in your community, school or workplace is a great way to raise awareness and funds for childhood cancer. Best part is, you can Go Gold however you want! Here are a few ideas to get you started…
- Sell gold ribbon stickers for a small donation
- Host a gold ribbon bake sale, selling cookies or cupcakes wrapped in gold & donate the proceeds
- Sell tickets and host a gold-themed or “Golden Oldies” dance party
- Create a gold jewelry party, costume parade, or fashion show
- Organize a 5K walk, a 10K run, bike ride or relay. Ask runners to wear gold and donate to participate
- Host a night at your schools basketball game. Ask players to wear gold laces, provided by ACCO, and pass around donation buckets
- Host an event at your salon and for every gold mani/pedi, donate a percentage of proceeds
The possibilities are endless. Get creative with your Go Gold® event. Bonus: we’re here to help you come up with ideas and pull it all off!
If you would like to register your event please fill out the form below.
When you organize a Go Gold® event, you will receive:
- One-on-one planning support, if needed
- A customized, personalized fundraising website dedicated to your event
- Access to free event planning promo materials like poster templates, childhood cancer presentations, press releases, and more
- Gold ribbon stickers and/or GO GOLD® bracelets for participants
For additional information on how to organize an event, download our Go Gold Host Packet.
Questions? Email GoGold@acco.org