All month long we are sharing information, statistics and promotions to help raise awareness for childhood cancer and this page will serve as the hub for September 2020 Childhood Cancer Awareness Month.
Sharable Content and Statistics
Ways YOU Can Help
- Donate to ACCO. We are the nation’s oldest and largest grassroots organization dedicated to childhood cancer. We fund research, shape policy, raise awareness, and offer resources to children with cancer, survivors and their families. And with your support, we can continue to offer those resources free of charge to families facing a childhood cancer diagnosis.
- Smile with Amazon. Shopping on Amazon Smile is an easy and great way to donate to the American Childhood Cancer Organization. During the month of September, shop Amazon and receive a special edition “AMAZON GOES GOLD” box with a search and find activity!
- Donate your cashback to ACCO. Coupon Cabin makes it easy to donate you cash back from earnings as a member!
- Buy a Childhood Cancer Awareness Month T-Shirt. Choose from multiple styles and colors, and even customize it with the name of a fighter or survivor you know. Want to go the extra mile? Create your own T-shirt fundraiser so your friends and family can buy their own shirts to match.
- Donate Your Car. Donate your car, truck, motorcycle, RV, or boat to ACCO by clicking this link.
- Go Gold in the month of September! Gold is the color for childhood cancer awareness, so why not start a gold-themed fundraiser this month? Here are 8 creative fundraising ideas to get you inspired.
- Host a PJammin party! Children with cancer often spend weeks or months living in their pajamas when they’re in the hospital for their treatment. Stand in solidarity with these kids by organizing a PJammin® day to raise awareness and funds for childhood cancer.
Childhood cancer remains the number one cause of death by disease in the U.S. and around the world. ACCO helps raise awareness and change policy in many different ways. You can help by taking action at the state and federal level. 29 state plans currently do not have any mention of childhood cancer. Take action today.
During the month of September, ACCO features promotions which help in the fight against childhood cancer!
- Make it Minnie – In honor of Childhood Cancer Awareness Month, our friends at Make It Minnie are joining the fight to raise funds and awareness for childhood cancer in support of ACCO!Starting September 1st, you can purchase the Strength or Courage necklaces inspired by your favorite superheroes and Make It Minnie will donate a portion of the proceeds to ACCO! Honor the strength and courage the littlest cancer warriors display every day and help support ACCO – because kids can’t fight cancer alone!Purchase your necklace here.
- Matilda Jane – coming soon – In a “pretty powerful” partnership, ACCO has joined forces with Matilda Jane to raise awareness for childhood cancer. For the third year in a row, Matilda Jane’s Platinum line is helping by donating a portion of the proceeds to ACCO. Read more about the partnership here. Check back for the official dress launch!
- Treat Me Right – ACCO has partnered with @treatmerightorg to spoil the pup in your life and support our littlest cancer warriors! Beginning September 11th through 22nd, a portion of every treat purchased for your dog at Treat Me Right will be donated back to ACCO. They even designed a special edition gold ribbon treat to represent our cancer warriors! To make your purchase and support this small business and kids with cancer, click here.
Awareness and Hope
By sharing stories about Gold Ribbon Heroes and Survivor stories, we hope to raise awareness and spread hope for fighting cancer.