THE CHILDHOOD CANCER STAR ACT HAS BEEN SIGNED!
Yesterday, June 5th 2018, as a result of your action and the collaboration of many childhood cancer advocates across the country, the Childhood Cancer STAR (Survivorship, Treatment, Access and Research) Act became law. The President signed the bill at 5:15 PM EST this Tuesday!
Thank you for taking action to transform childhood cancer into a national child health priority. Please like and share the great news of this historical day in the fight against childhood cancer!
WE STILL NEED YOUR HELP!
The ACCO (American Childhood Cancer Organization), with our partners at the Alliance for Childhood Cancer and all of you in the childhood cancer community, have collaborated and worked diligently for nearly three years to see this law finally passed!
It’s not over though! We need to continue to ask our legislators to fund the STAR Act for each of the next five years! We will continue to need your support by sharing, taking action through our advocacy platform and by reaching out to your representatives to make this a reality!
How to Help:
- Click this link to Take Action and Thank your Members of Congress – CLICK HERE
- Tweet your members of Congress by finding their Twitter Handle and thanking them – CLICK HERE
- As a member of the ACCO, share your voice! Comment or share on our Facebook Page – CLICK HERE
- Donate to the ACCO to help us advocate for families and children facing a diagnosis of childhood cancer today – DONATE
- Visit Our “Advocacy” Section on Our Website for More Information – CLICK HERE
CONTACT ME PERSONALLY:
We are grateful for YOU choosing to be a part of our American Childhood Cancer Organization community of supporters. We appreciate you taking time to be a voice for children with cancer…because kids can’t fight cancer alone!
Jamie Ennis Bloyd, MPA
Director of Government Affairs and External Relations