While September is “Childhood Cancer Awareness Month”, raising funds and awareness for childhood cancer can happen all-year-round! Fall lends itself perfectly to all types of gold-themed fundraising. All you need is a little creativity and a big heart, and your Fall fundraiser is sure to be a huge success!
Here are 7 fun and easy fundraising ideas for Fall:
- Fall is the perfect time to get cozy in your most comfy PJs. So why not get comfy and cozy for kids with cancer? Host a PJammin® Party at your school or place of work and donate the proceeds to kids with cancer!
- It’s football season, and a great time to rally your team around a great cause: helping kids with cancer! Ask your local football team to honor kids with cancer by wearing gold laces (provided by ACCO) during a game, while you sell gold-themed treats and fill a donation bucket.
- October is pumpkin month! Who doesn’t love painting pumpkins and making beautiful fall crafts? Host a pumpkin painting party or a craft night where the theme of the evening is gold! Be sure to stock lots of gold paint and craft supplies; ask for small donations for kids with cancer.
- Do you or someone you know love to bake at harvest time? Organize a Pie Day at work where you sell slices of delicious homemade pie and donate the proceeds to kids with cancer! Not a baker yourself? Ask for help from friends or ask local bakeries to donate to your Pie Day event.
- Use your fingers and toes to honor kids with cancer! It’s easy: host a gold-themed manicure/pedicure party! Provide gold-colored nail polish and ask everyone to paint their nails gold in honor of kids with cancer in exchange for a small donation to help kids with cancer.
- Tired of the same old Halloween gags? Why not host a Go Gold Halloween Party? Ask party-goers to forego the creepy Halloween costumes and dress up in gold instead! Gold dresses, gold hats and ties, gold shoes, gold jewelry: see how imaginative your friends can be for kids with cancer.
- Give a treat when you “trick or treat” this year! That’s right: decorate your Trick or Treat bag or sack with Gold Ribbons and ask for a small donation instead of (or in addition to!) candy. And be sure to give your own “treat” back: pass out gold silicone bracelets, gold ribbon stickers, and other gold-themed commemorative items each time you get a donation for kids with cancer!
At ACCO, our goal is to help you help kids with cancer! And whether you use one of our ideas or come up with an awesome idea of your own, it’s the kids with cancer and their families who will reap the benefits!
Register your fundraiser with ACCO to take advantage of our complimentary awareness items and amazing program support.
About the American Childhood Cancer Organization
The American Childhood Cancer Organization was founded in 1970 by parents of children and adolescents diagnosed with cancer. As the nation’s oldest and largest grassroots organization dedicated to childhood cancer, ACCO is committed to shaping policy, supporting research, raising awareness, and providing free educational resources to kids with cancer, survivors, and their families. Additionally, ACCO is the sole U.S. member of Childhood Cancer International (CCI) and has helped support more than half a million families over the past 50 years. Help make childhood cancer a national health priority because kids can’t fight cancer alone®.
For more information about how ACCO can help your family, call 855.858.2226 or visit: