“Reason this person is a Gold Ribbon Hero: She is a strong little girl. She was diagnosed with ALL leukemia before her second birthday. August 3 2015 she turned 2 August 11. She had her first chemo at memorial hospital in Southbend Indiana on her birthday with a spinal tap also. She has had 16 spinal taps and still gets up and runs the halls after. Her strength amazes me everyday if I could only be as strong as her. She is my hero I want to be like her when I grow up.” – Toni B.
More about Childhood Leukemia Cancers:
- About Childhood Leukemia Cancer – Detection and Diagnosis
- Causes, Risk Factors, and Prevention of Childhood Leukemia Cancer
- What are the signs and symptoms of Childhood Leukemia Cancer?
- Childhood Leukemia Cancer Treatment
- What is the expected life span of Childhood Leukemia Cancer?
- After Treatment – Living as a Childhood Leukemia Cancer Survivor
Learn More About the Different Types of Childhood Cancers:
- Childhood Brain Tumor Cancer (Brain Stem Tumors)
- Spinal Cord Tumor Cancer
- Childhood Neuroblastoma Cancers
- Childhood Hodgkin Lymphoma Cancers
- Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Cancers
- Wilms tumor (Kidney Tumors)
- Bone cancer (including osteosarcoma and Ewing sarcoma)
- Leukemia Cancers: Acute lymphocytic (lymphoblastic) leukemia (ALL) Acute myelogenous leukemia (AML); Juvenile myelomonocytic leukemia (JMML)
- Hepatoblastoma (Liver Cancer)
- Rhabdoid Tumors