“Reason this person is a Gold Ribbon Hero: She held a clipper challenge and raised over $4K which she as donated to Leukemia Texas. She let a 6 year old cancer warrior shave her head for the money raised. Working in a professional office environment and being a professional MMA fighter, Alice hasneen able to raise awareness in the local community. Her kids middle school principal was unaware what Gold stood for and he now allows kids to wear gold during September instead of their normal school uniforms.
My kids and I have all watched people’s facial expressions from afar and give ugly looks at my wife. We’ve also heard others talk about her as they didn’t know we were with her. This judgement brings attention and sometimes people are respectful enough to ask why her heads shaved. Perfect opportunity to make them aware.
Follow her on Facebook Alice Yauger MMA
Instagram: maliceyaugermma” – Bryan Y
More about Childhood Leukemia Cancers:
- About Childhood Leukemia Cancer – Detection and Diagnosis
- Causes, Risk Factors, and Prevention of Childhood Leukemia Cancer
- What are the signs and symptoms of Childhood Leukemia Cancer?
- Childhood Leukemia Cancer Treatment
- What is the expected life span of Childhood Leukemia Cancer?
- After Treatment – Living as a Childhood Leukemia Cancer Survivor
Learn More About the Different Types of Childhood Cancers:
- Childhood Brain Tumor Cancer (Brain Stem Tumors)
- Spinal Cord Tumor Cancer
- Childhood Neuroblastoma Cancers
- Childhood Hodgkin Lymphoma Cancers
- Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Cancers
- Wilms tumor (Kidney Tumors)
- Bone cancer (including osteosarcoma and Ewing sarcoma)
- Leukemia Cancers: Acute lymphocytic (lymphoblastic) leukemia (ALL) Acute myelogenous leukemia (AML); Juvenile myelomonocytic leukemia (JMML)
- Hepatoblastoma (Liver Cancer)
- Rhabdoid Tumors