September 2021 Events
For the LOVE OF GOLD and our precious children,
we are Painting the Town Gold VIRTUALLY again to bring awareness to childhood cancer in the Inland Northwest.
Please GO GOLD on YOUR Social Media Platforms!!
Join us and our generous partners during Childhood Cancer Awareness Month … because kids can’t fight cancer alone!
September Barista for a Day at Wake up Call VIRTUAL!!! (details pending)
September 2021 Wake up Call promotion: (details pending)
September 2021- ACCOIN BLOOD DRIVE! September 8th. “Stick” with us for location details!
September 2021- Candlelight Vigil September 15th at the Glover Mansion. The event will start at 6pm. The Mansion is providing delicious hors-d’oeuvres to nourish our bodies while our mission nourishes our hearts.
September Event: Light the Way Online Auction- September 25th.
Why Paint the Town Gold?
The Gold Ribbon is the international symbol for childhood cancer. In honor of every child who has ever been diagnosed with childhood cancer, we would like your help to “Paint the Town Gold” in order to bring awareness to this disease. By working together, we can make an impact on the local community by becoming successful childhood cancer advocates through the promotion of the color gold!
Gold ribbon awareness pins available.
CHILDHOOD CANCER STATISTICS
- Childhood Cancer is the leading cause of death by disease in children under the age of 15 in the US.
- Worldwide, more than 160,000 children are diagnosed with cancer each year.
- In the US, among children from birth to age 19, more than 15,780 cases of cancer are diagnosed each year.
- Every 40 minutes a child is diagnosed with cancer in the US.
- The most common type of cancer in children is Leukemia.
- One in 285 children will be diagnosed with cancer by the time they are 20 years old.