September 2018 Events
For the LOVE OF GOLD and our precious children,
we are Painting the Town Gold once again to bring awareness to childhood cancer in the Inland Northwest.
Join us and our generous 2018 partners during Childhood Cancer Awareness Month … because kids can’t fight cancer alone!
Stacks Light Up Gold to honor all children who have or have had cancer. Last two weeks for September.
PF Chang’s – PF Chang’s Downtown Spokane – Paint the Terracotta Warrior Horse Gold!
August 30th 2018 Wake up Call promotion: $2 for 20 oz beverage or smaller with $1 going to ACCOIN
September 6th 2018 Lighting ceremony at the Steam Plant from 5:30pm-6:30pm
September 8th 2018 Gregory Hall Memorial 5K in Colville, WA benefiting ACCOIN
September 18th 2018 Candlelight Vigil at the Glover Mansion 6-8pm
September 25th Hope is Golden Luncheon 12-1pm (Silent Auction starts 11:30)at Centennial Hotel (formerly Hotel RL) R.S.V.P by September 18th (email@example.com)
September 27th Sweet Burrito will donate 15% at all Four locations with Flyer (ALL Day)
Why Paint the Town Gold?
The Gold Ribbon is the international symbol for childhood cancer. In honor of every child who has ever been diagnosed with childhood cancer, we would like your help to “Paint the Town Gold” in order to bring awareness to this disease. By working together, we can make an impact on the local community by becoming successful childhood cancer advocates through the promotion of the color gold!
Gold ribbon awareness pins available.
CHILDHOOD CANCER STATISTICS
- Childhood Cancer is the leading cause of death by disease in children under the age of 15 in the US.
- Worldwide, more than 160,000 children are diagnosed with cancer each year.
- In the US, among children from birth to age 19, more than 15,780 cases of cancer are diagnosed each year.
- Every 40 minutes a child is diagnosed with cancer in the US.
- The most common type of cancer in children is Leukemia.
- One in 285 children will be diagnosed with cancer by the time they are 20 years old.